Job Description: Marketing Manager
Released August 16, 2017
POSITION SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We’re more interested in your drive, ambition, and contribution than any awards you’ve won. If you feel the need to contribute more, if you are hungry for more leadership responsibilities, if you love your craft and want to upgrade, and are eager to learn through quick prototyping and testing, then we might be the place for you.
This position is a management role, but has opportunities for growth, skill development, and expansion.
We are searching for someone who enjoys the thrill of trailblazing and who is ready to lead our fast-growing organizations’ marketing and communications efforts. You must be BRAVE, and be ready to lead our organization with both surefire, tested, influential marketing methods; but also think creatively and be willing to take risks so as to keep us relevant to our employer membership.
You must be INDUSTRIOUS- hard working and diligent. This position will work across Executive team and all staff to ensure that our internal and external marketing needs are met. You must respond quickly to the needs of team members- within budget and with a smile on your face…ready to ask “What else can I help you with?”
We are looking for a DATA STORYTELLER. Near and dear to our efforts and success is our ability to capture amazing data and tell a story…but something is missing from our team. We need someone to lead the HOW we tell it and WHO we tell it to.
Candidates will feel comfortable using numbers and narratives together to demonstrate success of our work,will continually strategize for new marketing opportunities and will know how to leverage up-to-date marketing tactics to tell our story.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Lead the creation and implementation of WLP’s marketing and communications plan that supports WLP’s fundraising, brand, fee for service, and client outreach
• Develop marketing materials on a frequent basis (graphic design needed) for employer member audiences and client audiences (we also work with a graphic designer for our larger projects, and when needed but we are looking for someone who is comfortable creating clear, concise, small pieces)
• Craft stories that highlight the value and impact of WLP’s accomplishment to the field of Human Resources, talent development, workforce development, career pathway development, and policy
• Create a social media strategy and oversee WLP’s social media presence to achieve stated objectives
• Develop and maintain WLP’s communications channels such as newsletters, website, press releases, and collaborative channels with other organizations; maintain communications platforms and contact information
• Develop and executive a plan for gaining earned media, including key features and mentions in target publications
• Be ENTHUSITISCALLY ENTREPRENEURAUAL and be creative on different ways to outreach to prospective employers members and current audiences
• Manage vendors and lead production of multimedia pieces. Ensure delivery to right audiences through appropriate channels.
• Curate, maintain, and keep organized all communication and marketing materials
• Monitor, analyze, and share social media and web traffic and related metrics
• Help plan and execute major events, speaking engagements, and conferences
• Management: LMA- Leadership, Management, and Accountability for all Marketing operations. Effectively managing time and resources to make sure that work is finished. Able to effectively prioritize activities and tasks. Uses time effectively; work with our vendors when it is optimal.
• Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues; comparing information to make a choice; choosing a course of action carefully and wisely; taking action. Recognize issues, problems, or opportunities, and determines whether action is needed. Identifies the need for and collects information to better understand issues, problems, and opportunities.
• Communication: Clearly expressing information and ideas through a variety of mediums; helping individuals understand and retain the message. Organizes communication by clarifying the purpose and importance. Checks for understanding when communicating.
• Contributing to Team Success: Actively participating as a member of a team to help the team complete goals. Makes suggestions for achieving team goals. Demonstrates personal commitment to the team.
• Work Standards: Setting high standards of performance for self and others; taking responsibility and accountability for successfully completing work. Establishes criteria and/or work procedures to achieve a high level of quality, productivity, or service. Admits mistakes and refocuses efforts when appropriate.
• Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when major changes to job or office environment occur; effectively handling new structures or processes. Tries to understand changes in work tasks, situations, and environments. Quickly modifies behavior to deal effectively with changes in the work environment
• Customer Focus: Making customers and their needs a main focus. Developing and keeping valuable customer relationships. Actively seeks information to understand customers’ circumstances, problems, expectations, and needs. Responds quickly to meet customer needs and resolve problems.
• Leadership: Models the way. Inspires a shared vision. Challenges the process. Enables others to act. Encourages the heart by appreciating individual excellence and creating a spirit of community.
• 5+ years’ experience in nonprofit or corporate marketing and communications, experience with B2B marketing preferred
• Strong combination of analytical and creative skills
• Ability to learn different platforms and software quickly; doesn’t shy away from ‘new’
• High level proficiency creating eye catching, smart graphics for marketing purposes, and high proficiency with web design tools
• High level of proficiency with social media marketing and management tools, , digital and E-mail marketing, and automated marketing tools
• At least 3+ years hands on experience with Adobe Suite or equivalent graphic design tools
• Experience with Google Analytics, or similar web analytics tools
• B.A. or B.S. Degree in relevant field
• You MUST be a solid writer with attention to detail and editing skills
• You are passionate about our mission to help employers invest in low income workers
Location: Denver, CO; travel within Colorado 10%
Salary Range: $60K-$68K
May work remotely up to 2 days a week
Term: Full Time, competitive Benefits Included
Deadline to apply is September 1st, 5 PM. Apply to Liddy Romero, firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, 3 samples of your graphic and writing work, and cover letter describing your desire to apply your skills to our mission and work. Tell us what sets you apart, and PLEASE proof read your letter.
ABOUT WORKLIFE PARTNERSHIP
WorkLife Partnership, founded in 2009, utilizes the Sustainable Workforce Model to partner with employers to help stabilize and retain their workers who face challenges to job retention and success. We are the only organization doing this work in Colorado and the Rocky Mountain Region and we’re excited to be expanding nationally.
Our core values are:
• Data Storytelling
• Cultivating Potential
• Enthusiastically Entrepreneurial
• Calm Resilience